LAREDO HOSPITALITY “FORTUNE COOKIE” PROMOTION
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- PROMOTION OVERVIEW: The Laredo Hospitality Fortune Cookie Promotion (the “Promotion” will be available in forty-three (43) gaming cafes/restaurants that operate in Illinois under the ownership and management of Laredo Hospitality Management, LLC (“Sponsor”) under the names Stella’s Place and Shelby’s (the “Gaming Cafes”). A total of 15,850 fortune cookies (the “Game Fortune Cookies”) will be printed and distributed in batches of either 275, 350 or 400 per Gaming Cafe (depending on the revenue volume of each location). There will be a prize-winning message printed in the inside of each fortune cookie. The prizes for each batch of 275 fortune cookies, 350 fortune cookies or 400 fortune cookies are as set forth in Rule 7, below.
- ELIGIBILTY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the state of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older, a member of the Gaming Café’s loyalty program*, and who are in Illinois at the time of participation in the Promotion (“Eligible Entrants”). The following are ineligible to participate in the Promotion and/or to win a prize, even if they otherwise meet the definition of an Eligible Entrant: employees, officers, directors, agents, successors and assignees of Laredo Hospitality Management, LLC, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, its advertising agencies and any printing or promotional companies involved in any way with this Promotion (all of the above italicized entities collectively referred to herein as “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, parent, child, sibling, or grandparent; whether biological, adoptive, step or in-law) and those living in the same household (defined as those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence as the Eligible Entrant at any time during the Promotion Period) of such employees, officers, directors, agents, successors and assignees. Void elsewhere and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
*To become a loyalty club member, eligible participants must complete an official registration form, which includes providing his/her complete name, street address (including city and state), date of birth, phone number and email address (optional). There is no fee to enter the Gaming Café and no fee to register for loyalty club membership.
- PROMOTION DATES: The Promotion will begin in all participating Gaming Cafes on or about Monday, January 2nd 2017 at 8:00 a.m. Central time (CT”) (or when such Gaming Café opens that day) and will end in all Gaming Cafes on Saturday, January 28th, 2017 at 7:00 p.m., or the date and time when the particular Gaming Café’s supply of Fortune Cookies is depleted, whichever occurs first (the “Promotion Period”).
- HOW TO PLAY THE FORTUNE COOKIE GAME: To play the Fortune Cookie Game, Eligible Entrants must visit a Gaming Café and request a Game Fortune Cookie during the Promotion Period (no food, beverage, gaming or any other purchase is required to receive a fortune cookie – limit one Game Fortune Cookie per person, per day, at a Gaming Café). You must open the Game Fortune Cookie in front of the Guest Service Host while still at the Gaming Café on the day the Game Fortune Cookie is received. There will be a piece of paper inside the Game Fortune Cookie that identifies a prize (the Message”). Once the Game Fortune Cookie is opened and the Message revealed, you must immediately redeem your Message for the prize identified on your Message at the Gaming Café (note – you may not keep your Message once the prize is redeemed and you may not leave and return later that day or another day to redeem the prize identified on your Message).
- CONDITIONS: Game Fortune Cookies Messages are not transferable. Messages from Game Fortune Cookies that are not opened in front of the Guest Service Host on the day that they are received will be void and the prize stated on the Message will not be awarded. Prizes that are not redeemed during the same visit that the Game Fortune Cookie was opened will be void and the prize stated on the Message will not be awarded. Messages that are mutilated, altered, copied, forged, water damaged, manipulated, or tampered with in any way, or which contain any printing, mechanical or typographical errors, will be considered null and void and will not be eligible for prize redemption. In no event will Sponsor award more prizes at any level or at any Gaming Café than the number set forth in these Official Rules as stated as being available to be awarded. If for any reason (including without limitation due to a printing, production or other error) there are more prizes claimed at any level than that which is set forth in these Official Rules as being available, once the maximum number of each prize has been claimed at a Gaming Café, no further prizes will be redeemed at that level, but Sponsor will provide the Eligible Entrant with another Game Fortune Cookie, while supplies last. If any prize is unclaimed, it will not be awarded. All Messages are subject to verification and are void if (a) not obtained, played and/or redeemed in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (b) any part is counterfeit, altered, defective, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated, damaged, or irregular in any way, or (c) contain printing, typographical, mechanical, seeding or other errors. Sponsor’s liability for Messages that contain printing or other errors is limited to replacement of such Game Fortune Cookie with another Game Fortune Cookie while supplies last at the location where the original defective Game Fortune Cookie was obtained.
- FORTUNE COOKIE GAME PRIZES AND ODDS: The Prizes available per Batch of 275, 350 or Batch of 400 fortune cookies, and the odds of winning each Prize (in each of the 43 participating Gaming Cafes), are as stated in Table 7.1
TABLE 7.1 – Prize Details for Batches of 275 Game Fortune Cookies
TABLE 7.2 – Prize Details for Batches of 350 Game Fortune Cookies
TABLE 7.2 – Prize Details for Batches of 400 Game Fortune Cookies
Total approximate retail prize value (“ARV”) of prizes available at each participating Gaming Café that receives 275 Game Fortune Cookies is $$1,922.00 Total ARV of prizes available at each participating Gaming Café that receives 350 Game Fortune Cookies is $2,337. 00 Total ARV of prizes available at each participating Gaming Café that receives 400 Game Fortune Cookies is $$2,587. 00 Total ARV for all Game Fortune Cookies distributed across all Gaming Cafes: $105,692.00
- HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE(S):
- Game Fortune Cookie Message Prize: To claim prize associated with the Message in your Game Fortune Cookie you must present the Game Fortune Cookie Message and a valid photo identification card (either a driver’s license or state issued ID) to the Guest Service Host at the participating Gaming Café where you received the Game Fortune Cookie and in front of whom you opened your Game Fortune Cookie to reveal your Message. DO NOT GIVE YOUR GAME FORTURE COOKIE MESSAGE TO ANYONE OTHER THAN A GAMING CAFÉ EMPLOYEE WITH A NAME TAG THAT STATES THAT THE EMPLOYEE IS A GUEST SERVICE HOST. Upon verification, the Guest Service Host will award the prize associate with the Message printed in the Game Fortune Cookie to verified eligible claimants. Prizes must be redeemed immediately upon opening Game Fortune Cookie (during the same visit).
- Additional Prize Claim Details: If a Game Fortune Cookie Message is determined by Sponsor or its agents to be tampered with, the Game Fortune Cookie Message will be void and ineligible for a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost Game Fortune Cookies or Messages, and such Game Fortune Cookies or Messages will not be replaced or redeemed. Sponsor may submit a potentially winning to a third-party security firm who will review and verify that the Message is a legitimate winner, and such third-party security firm’s decisions on the validity of the Message are final. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes.
- GENERAL: All federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations apply. Any attempted play or redemption that is not in compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion in its entirety, including forfeiture of any prizes, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to the terms set forth in these Official Rules and to all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. Prizes are non-transferable (prior to awarding) and may not be substituted or redeemed/exchanged for cash, except Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All expenses on receipt and use of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, winners agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Promotion Parties (as previously defined), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, contractors, and representatives (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, costs, expenses, damages, rights, claims, actions, and losses (collectively “Losses”) of any kind incurred in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation for or from (a) the acceptance, possession, use or mis-use of any Game Fortune Cookie or prize, (b) any sickness or allergic reaction resulting from consuming a Game Fortune Cookie, and/or (c) claims relating to rights of publicity, rights of privacy or defamation. The Released Parties are not responsible for (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, or lost G; and (b) errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion or awarding of prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER LEGAL/EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW (AND TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE PROMOTION, IF APPLICABLE).
By accepting a prize, each participant grants to Sponsor, and anyone designated by Sponsor, the right to use his/her name, likeness, prize won, hometown, quote(s), and biographical information, for promotional or other lawful purposes, in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter developed, without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the entire Promotion, part of the Promotion, or to modify the Promotion for any reason, including without limitation if fraud destroys the integrity of the Promotion or any portion thereof, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at participating Gaming Cafes and/or online at www.stellas-place.com, and such notice shall be deemed sufficient.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an action in state or federal court located in the State of Illinois; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of a participant in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to the conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the major prize winners (prizes valued over $25), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Laredo Hospitality Management, Attn: Fortune Cookie Promotion Winners’ List, 2800 South River Road, Suite 110, Des Plaines, IL 60018 by July 31, 2017.
- SPONSOR: Laredo Hospitality Management, LLC, 2800 South River Road, Suite 110, Des Plaines, IL 60018.