26 Sep LAREDO HOSPITALITY “$50,000 SCRATCH & WIN” PROMOTION
LAREDO HOSPITALITY “$50,000 SCRATCH & WIN” PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- PROMOTION OVERVIEW: The Laredo Hospitality “$50,000 Scratch & Win” Promotion (the “Promotion”) will be available in approximately forty-three (43) participating Stella’s or Shelby’s gaming cafes/restaurants (each a “Gaming Café” or collectively the “Gaming Cafes”) located in Illinois and operated by Laredo Hospitality Management, LLC (the “Sponsor”). The Promotion includes four programs (each a “Program,” and all combined and referred to collectively as the “Promotion”):
- A “Stamp Card Program” at each participating Gaming Café;
- A “Match 5 Game” across all participating Gaming Cafes;
- A “Weekly Drawings” at each participating Gaming Café; and
- A “Grand Finale Drawing” at each participating Gaming Café.
Details for each Program can be found in Rules 4-6, below.
- PROMOTION DATES: The Promotion will begin on or about Monday, September 19, 2016 at the time each participating Gaming Café opens and will end at 7:00 p.m. (Central Daylight Time – “CDT”) on Friday, October 14, 2016 (the “End Date”), although the Match 5 Game may end earlier at any participating Gaming Café if such Gaming Café’s supply of Scratch Cards is depleted prior to the End Date (the “Promotion Period”).
- ELIGIBILTY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the states of Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin who are (a) age 21 and older, (b) a member of Sponsor’s PlaySpinWin loyalty program*, and (c) located in a Gaming Café in Illinois at the time of participation in the Promotion (“Eligible Entrants”). The following are ineligible to participate in the Promotion and/or to win a prize, even if they otherwise meet the definition of an Eligible Entrant: employees, officers, directors, agents, successors and assignees of Laredo Hospitality Management, LLC, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, its advertising agencies and any promotional companies involved in any way with this Promotion, including printing and security companies that print/secure/validate the Scratch Cards (all of the above italicized entities collectively referred to herein as “Promotional Parties”), and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, parent, child, sibling, or grandparent; whether biological, adoptive, step or in-law) and those living in the same household (defined as those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence as the Eligible Entrant at any time during the Promotion Period) of such employees, officers, directors, agents, successors and assignees of Promotional Parties. Void elsewhere and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
*To become a PlaySpinWin loyalty program member, you must meet the requirements for the program and complete an official registration form, which includes providing your complete name, street address (including city and state), date of birth, phone number and email address (optional). There is no fee to enter the Gaming Café and no fee to register for a PlaySpinWin loyalty program membership.
- STAMP CARD PROGRAM: In order to participate in any of the Programs that make up this Promotion, Eligible Entrants must first obtain a Stamp Card from a Gaming Café, and complete that Stamp Card with four stamps (each a “Stamp”) from the same Gaming Café where the Stamp Card was received. Upon receipt of the fourth Stamp, the Eligible Entrant may exchange the completed Stamp Card for a Scratch Card (as defined in Rule 5, below, and while supplies last at that Gaming Cafe) and can receive a new Stamp Card (while supplies last at that Gaming Cafe) on their next visit. Stamp Cards are available for distribution to Eligible Entrants during the Promotion Period on a first come, first served/requested basis, while supplies last. Limit one Stamp Card distributed at a time per person. Limit one Stamp Card or Stamp at a Gaming Café per day. There is no prize or award for completing the four Stamps on a Stamp Card other than a Scratch Card, while supplies last. No purchase is necessary to obtain a Stamp Card or Stamps. Simply request a Stamp Card or Stamp when you enter the participating Gaming Café, and upon verification of eligibility, the Stamp Card or Stamp will be given. Once a Gaming Café’s supply of Stamp Cards has been depleted, a sign will be posted.
- MATCH 5 GAME: In order to play the Match 5 Game, Eligible Entrants must earn a game card (the “Scratch Card”) from the Gaming Café where they obtained four Stamps on a Stamp Card issued by that Gaming Café (per the process outlined in Rule 4, above). A total of 15,000 Scratch Cards will be printed with the prizes (as detailed in the Match 5 Game Prize Table in Rule 5.b., below) randomly dispersed amongst those 15,000 Scratch Cards. The Scratch Cards will be randomly distributed across all of the participating Gaming Cafes.
- How to Play the Match 5 Game: Scratch Cards must be “Played” in front of a Gaming Employee at the participating Gaming Café where the Scratch Card is received. A Scratch Card can only be “Played” by the Scratch Card recipient scratching off the silver surface of five (5), and only five (5), of the twenty-five (25) footballs in the Match 5 Game play area of the Scratch Card in front of an employee of the participating Gaming Café from which the Scratch Card was received. If all five (5) of the five (5) surfaces scratched off contain a “Win!” message, that person is a potential winner of the prize (if any) identified under the silver “Prize Box” on that Scratch Card, subject to verification and to the Match 5 Maximum Available Prizes. If more than five (5) silver surfaces on the boxes in the Match 5 Game play area are scratched off (in whole or in part), or if the Scratch Card is otherwise determined by Sponsor or its agents to be tampered with, the Scratch Card will be void and ineligible for a prize. If the five (5) scratched surfaces reveal a “Win!” message, but no prize is identified under the “Prize Box,” the Scratch Card is not a Match 5 Game winner. If the entrant scratches off any of the silver surfaces of a football in the Match 5 Game play area (in whole or in part) while not in the presence of the participating Gaming Café employee, the Scratch Card will be invalid and disqualified. In the event of damage to a Scratch Card (other than through the fault of the entrant), the entrant’s sole remedy is replacement with a new Scratch Card, while supplies last at that participating Gaming Café. Damage must be reported to and verified by the Gaming Café employee who distributed the Scratch Card at the time of distribution. Once an Eligible Entrant accepts the Scratch Card, he/she cannot return it claiming damage. Once a Gaming Café’s supply of Scratch Cards has been depleted, a sign will be posted. Note that partially completed Stamp Cards cannot be redeemed for a Scratch Card at another Gaming Café.
- Match 5 Game Prizes and Odds: Each potentially winning Scratch Card contains a prize message hidden underneath the silver football coating of the Prize Box. Non-winning Scratch Cards will have a different image underneath the silver football coating of the Prize Box. The prizes, the number of cards printed with each prize, and the odds of winning each prize are set forth in the Match 5 Game Prize Table, below.
MATCH 5 GAME PRIZE TABLE
*If for any reason, including due to a printing error or attempted fraud, there are more legitimate, verified claimants for a particular prize than the number set forth in the Match 5 Game Prize Table as the maximum number of that prize available to be awarded, all legitimate, verified claimants at that prize level will split the total prize value available at that prize level.
Total maximum prize value available to be awarded in the Match 5 Game is $180,000. Any unclaimed Match 5 Game prizes will not be awarded
- How to Redeem a Winning Scratch Card: Scratch Cards must be Played in front of an employee at the Gaming Café where the Scratch Card was received and the Scratch Card must be verified by a Gaming Café Manager (each a “Manager”) at that same Gaming Café on the same visit as the Scratch Card is Played. You may not present a Scratch Card for a prize at a different Gaming Café or at a later visit to the same Gaming Cafe. Winning Scratch Cards are not transferable.
Upon presentation of a potentially winning Scratch Card to a Manager, the Manager will make a preliminary inspection of the card to check for general compliance (e.g., only 5 footballs scratched off, etc.), and will then return the potentially winning Scratch Card to the potential winner along with an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release Form (the “Prize Claim Form”), which the potential winner must complete, sign and submit, along with the original Scratch Card (with the information requested on the back side of the Scratch Card completed) to a Manager at that same Gaming Cafe by October 21, 2016 (“Match 5 Prize Claim Deadline”). The potential winner must also present a valid photo identification card (either a driver’s license or state issued ID) to the Manager at the time the Prize Claim Forms and Scratch Card are submitted. Although the Match 5 Prize Claim Deadline extends until October 21, 2016, to avoid damage to the potentially winning Scratch Card which could render it invalid, it is advisable to submit the Scratch Card and Prize Claim Form at the same visit when the Scratch Card is Played.
DO NOT GIVE YOUR WINNING SCRATCH CARD TO ANYONE OTHER THAN A PARTICIPATING GAMING CAFÉ EMPLOYEE WITH A NAME TAG THAT STATES THAT THE EMPLOYEE IS A GAMING CAFÉ MANAGER. You must present the original winning Scratch Card to claim a prize – photocopies will not be accepted. Although a photocopy of the Scratch Card is insufficient to claim a prize, Sponsor recommends making a photocopy of the front and back sides of your completed Scratch Card before turning it over to the participating Gaming Café Manager.
Scratch Cards that are submitted for redemption of a Match 5 Game Prize are not eligible for the Weekly Drawings or Grand Finale Drawings.
- Match 5 Game Prize Winner Verification and Prize Fulfillment: Each potential winner of a Match 5 Game prize must supply his/her tax payor information in the Prize Claim Form, and the potential winner authorizes Sponsor’s sharing of the information in the Prize Claim Form with its agents, contractors, and third parties involved in verifying and fulfilling the prizes in this Promotion. Sponsor will submit the potentially winning Scratch Card to a third party security firm who will review and verify that the Scratch Card is a winner, and such third party security firm’s decisions on the validity of the Scratch Card is final. Sponsor or its representative will hold all potentially winning Scratch Cards until the conclusion of the Prize Claim Deadline and upon final verification of all winning Scratch Cards in the Match 5 Game, will award the prizes to the verified winners, which shall occur approximately 6-8 weeks following the Prize Claim Deadline. Prizes will be mailed to the verified Match 5 Game prize winners at the mailing address provided in their Prize Claim Forms.
- Additional Scratch Card Terms: Scratch Cards that are mutilated, altered, copied, forged, water damaged, manipulated, or tampered with in any way, or which contain any printing, mechanical or typographical errors, will be considered null and void and will not be eligible for prize redemption. IF THERE ARE ANY MARKS OR SCRATCHES ON THE SCRATCH CARD, OTHER THAN THE FIVE (5) REVEALED SQUARES IN THE MATCH 5 GAME AND THE MATCH 5 PRIZE BOX, THE SCRATCH CARD IS VOID AND MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY PRIZE AWARD. In no event will more than the stated number of available prizes by awarded. If any prize is unclaimed, it will not be awarded. All Scratch Cards are subject to verification and are void if (a) not obtained, played and/or redeemed in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (b) any part is counterfeit, altered, defective, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, or (c) they contain printing, typographical, mechanical, seeding or other errors. Sponsor’s liability for Scratch Cards that contain printing or other errors, or that are damaged prior to being given to a participant, is limited to replacement of such Scratch Card with another Scratch Card, while supplies last at the location where the original defective Scratch Card was obtained.
- WEEKLY AND GRAND FINALE DRAWINGS:
- Timing for Weekly Drawings: Each Friday during the Promotion Period, each participating Gaming Café will conduct a Weekly Drawing from among all eligible entries received at that participating Gaming Café up to 7:00 p.m. that Friday (excluding any winning entries from a prior Weekly Drawing).
- Timing for Grand Finale Drawing: Following the close of the entry period at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, October 14, 2016 and after the final Weekly Drawing has occurred, each participating Gaming Café will conduct a Grand Finale Drawing from among all eligible entries received at that participating Gaming Cafe during the Promotion Period (including winning entries from the Weekly Drawings).
- How to Enter the Weekly and Grand Finale Drawings: To enter a participating Gaming Café’s Weekly and/or Grand Finale Drawing(s), complete the entry form on the reverse side of non-winning Scratch Cards and deposit the completed non-winning Scratch Card in the entry bowl at the participating Gaming Café where you choose to enter. If you have a Scratch Card that is a winning Scratch Card for the Match 5 Game, you may not use that Scratch Card to enter the Weekly or Grand Finale Drawings unless you wish to forfeit the weekly prize associated with that Scratch Card
- Winner Selection Process: Two (2) Weekly Drawing prize winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received at that participating Gaming Café for each Weekly Drawing. One (1) Grand Finale Drawing prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received at that participating Gaming Café during the entire Promotion Period.
- Weekly Prizes: The prizes for the Weekly Drawings at each participating Gaming Café are as follows:
- Weekly Drawing 1 (September 23, 2016): $25 in Free Play at the participating Gaming Café (ARV: $25) (2 available to be awarded per participating Gaming Café).
- Weekly Drawing 2 (September 30, 2016): A Chicago Bears fleece blanket (Approximate retail value – “ARV”: $25) (2 available to be awarded per participating Gaming Café).
- Weekly Drawing 3 (October 7, 2016): A Cuisinart 14 Piece Grill Set (ARV: $20) (2 available to be awarded per participating Gaming Café).
- Weekly Drawing 4 (October 14, 2016): A $25 Omaha Steak Gift Card (ARV: $25) (2 available to be awarded per participating Gaming Café).
- Grand Finale Prize: The one (1) Grand Finale Prize available to be awarded at each participating Gaming Café is a tailgate grill. (ARV: $190).
- Additional Drawing Details: Odds of winning a Weekly Drawing or Grand Finale Drawing prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the particular drawing at the participating Gaming Cafe. Total ARV for all prizes available in the Weekly Drawing and Grand Prize Drawing at each participating Gaming Café is $320. Winners need not be present at time of drawing to win.
- Prize Notification and Fulfillment: Potential prize winners in the Weekly and Grand Finale Drawings will be notified by email at the email address provided on the reverse side of the Scratch Card entry form and must come to the Gaming Café at which they were selected as a winner on or before October 31, 2016 (“Drawing Prize Claim Deadline”) to claim their prize. The potential winner must show a photo identification card (either a driver’s license or state issued ID card) before prize will be awarded. If a potential winner is determined to be ineligible or in violation of the Official Rules, if a prize notification email or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to pick up his/her prize by the Drawing Prize Claim Deadline, prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded. No more than the maximum number of prizes advertised for each Weekly Drawing and Grand Finale Drawing will be awarded.
- GENERAL: All federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes on prizes claimed in the Promotion. Sponsor will issue a 1099 to the winner for any prize claimed that is $600 or more. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to the terms set forth in these Official Rules and to all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. Any entries or plays not in conformance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Prizes are non-transferable (prior to awarding) and may not be substituted or redeemed/exchanged for cash, except Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All expenses on receipt and use of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, winners agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Promotion Parties (as previously defined), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, contractors, and representatives (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, costs, expenses, damages, rights, claims, actions, and losses (collectively “Losses”) of any kind incurred in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation for or from (a) the acceptance, possession, use or mis-use of any prize, and/or (b) claims relating to rights of publicity, rights of privacy or defamation. The Released Parties are not responsible for (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, or lost Scratch Cards or entries; and (b) errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion or awarding of prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER LEGAL/EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW (AND TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE PROMOTION, IF APPLICABLE). By accepting a prize, each participant grants to Sponsor, and anyone designated by Sponsor, the right to use his/her name, likeness, prize won, hometown, quote(s), and biographical information, for promotional or other lawful purposes, in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter developed, without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the entire Promotion, part of the Promotion, or to modify the Promotion for any reason, including without limitation if fraud destroys the integrity of the Promotion or any portion thereof, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at participating Gaming Cafes and/or online at www.stellas-place.com, and such notice shall be deemed sufficient.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an action in state or federal court located in the State of Illinois; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of a participant in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to the conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction.
- SPONSOR: Laredo Hospitality Management, LLC, 2800 South River Road, Suite 110, Des Plaines, IL 60018.