97.9 The Loop’s “ROCKIN’ BIKES” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WLUP (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Media Holdings Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies, 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, 17th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct 97.9 The Loop’s “Rockin’ Bikes” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside within the station’s terrestrial listening area in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin & Michigan, and must not have won from station within last 30 days. One can only qualify for multiple motorcycles, but can only win one qualifying prize and cannot qualify again if they win the Rockin’ Bike. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s listening area, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 6:00am CST on Monday, May 2nd, 2016 and will run through 7:00pm CST on Saturday May 28th (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How the contest will operate: Each week for four weeks Station will give away a different motorcycle as described below. Each week 13 qualifiers (14 qualifiers in Week 4) will be selected via call to win, Twitter, or at events. Qualifiers will win $50 in Free Slot Play from Stella’s Place & Shelby’s. Each week all qualifiers are required to be present at the final giveaway live broadcast where each will choose a key and only one key will start the motorcyle. The owner of the key that starts the motorcycle will win the motorcycle.
- How to Enter. You will automatically be entered into the Contest once you complete one of the following:
(i) On-Air Qualifiers:
- Ten (10) qualifiers will be chosen each week, (40 total) through “call to win” contests promoted on-air. (Subject to change) Listen to the Station weekdays at the times promoted at WLUP.com/bikes during the Contest Period. When the Station gives the secret word the 20th caller that gives the correct secret word becomes a qualifier. Time Delay between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call and secret word later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
(ii) Text Qualifiers:
- One (1) qualifier will be chosen from an ongoing text campaign for Stella’s Place and Shelby’s beginning Wednesday, May 4th, 2016 and will run through 12:00 PM CST Tuesday, May 24th, 2016. The text keyword will be available in Stella’s & Shelby’s locations via point of purchase signage. The text keyword promoted will change each week on Wednesdays, resulting in 3 separate keywords and 3 separate chances to enter and increase odds of winning. Station will contact one random texter as qualifier for week 4 on Wednesday, May 25th, 2016.
- Standard text messaging rates, as established by an individual’s wireless carrier, may apply, and Station assumes no responsibility for any fees or charges incurred for and associated with any text message sent to or from Station. Any and all fees arising out of the transmission of a text message shall be the sole responsibility of the entrant. Limit one (1) entry per person, per keyword, per phone number. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same telephone number. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different telephone phone numbers, identities, or any other methods will void that participant from further participation in the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential qualifier may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Qualifier Selection. At the end of each contest campaign Station will select one (1) entry to be a qualifier in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station during the Contest Period. The qualifier will be contacted via the cell phone number used with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential qualifier are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within one (1) hour of notification will result in disqualification.
- Eight (8) (Subject to change) Qualifiers will be chosen at Qualifying events throughout the promotion. To qualify, attend a qualifying event conducted by that Station and complete an entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received by the designated time at each event as noted on WLUP.com. Winner will be chosen by random drawing. Must be present to win.
- At each of the four final qualifying events (one per week) station will conduct a live broadcast and award one qualifier one of four (4) Grand Prizes (motorcycles detailed below). Winner will be chosen via a double random process where all qualifiers will be lined up in alphabetical order and they will chose a number out of a box. They will then line up in that new order based on the number they picked. They will then pick a numbered key out of a box. Winners will then line up in the new order based on their key numbers and try their key on the motorcycle. The key that starts the motorcycle wins the motorcycle.
- Awarding the Grand Prizes: All qualifiers must be present at their week’s qualifying event and check in at Loop Promotions table by the time given when their qualifying prize is confirmed (times subject to change). If any of the qualifiers are not present they will be considered a non-qualifier, forfeiting their qualifying prize and right to participate in grand prize giveaway. WLUP will randomly select additional qualifiers from the entries at the final event to fill any empty slots to ensure a full amount of qualifiers at the time of giveaway.
- Verification of Potential Winner. POTENTIAL CONTEST QUALIFIERS AND WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign at the final giveaway event before the grand prize is awarded to claim their qualifying prize. A separate release will be given to the grand prize winner, who much return to Station, within three (3) days of the date of giveaway event, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the Contest Prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Fifty three (53) qualifying prizes will be awarded in this contest. The Qualifying Prize is $50 Free Slot Play from Stella’s & Shelby’s.
Four (4) Grand Prizes will be awarded in this Contest. Each Grand Prize has an estimated value of $15,000 (Value can vary based on specific prize).
Winner is responsible for all taxes & title fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
There is no cash alternative to this prizing.
All vehicles are new and will be awarded in as-is condition.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Station’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Station, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained after Tuesday, May 31st, 2016 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Contest Sponsor identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: CUMULUS MEDIA HOLDINGS, INC., 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, 17th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611.