Laredo Hospitality “Holiday Scratch & Match”
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- PROMOTION OVERVIEW: The “Holiday Scratch & Match” promotion (the “Promotion”) consists of an instant win game (the “Instant Win Game”) (with second chance drawings to award prizes, if unclaimed), a match and win game (the “Symbol Matching Game”), and a grand prize drawing (the “Grand Prize Drawing”). The Promotion will take place at all 42 Stella’s Place and Shelby’s gaming cafes that operate in Illinois under the ownership and management of Laredo Hospitality Management, LLC (the “Gaming Cafés”). A total of 13,850 scratch off game cards (the “Game Cards”) will be printed and distributed in batches of either 350 or 300 per Gaming Cafe (depending on the revenue volume of each location, as determined by Sponsor). Each Game Card will have one scratch off space that will reveal either(a) a symbol, (b) a local instant win prize (a “Local Instant Prize”), or (c) a global instant win prize (a “Global Instant Prize”). Game Cards that are not a an Instant Win Game winner or Symbol Matching Game winner may be completed with the Eligible Entrant’s name, phone number and email address, and deposited into an entry receptacle at the Gaming Café (each a “Drawing Entry”). All Drawing Entries received at a Gaming Café will be eligible for (a) a second chance drawing from among all Drawing Entries received at that particular Gaming Cafe to award any unclaimed Local Instant Prizes at that Gaming Cafe, if any (the “Local Second Chance Drawing”), (b) a second chance drawing from among all Drawing Entries received at all Gaming Cafes to award any unclaimed Global Instant Prizes, in any (the “Global Second Chance Drawing”), and (c) the Grand Prize Drawing. Eligible Entrants are limited to one Game Card per day, even if they visit multiple Gaming Café locations. The Instant Win Game, Symbol Matching Game, Local Second Chance Drawing, Global Second Chance Drawing and Grand Prize Drawing shall be referred to collectively herein as the Promotion.
- ELIGIBLITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the state of Illinois who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older, a member of the Gaming Café’s loyalty program*, and who are located in Illinois at the time of the participation in the Promotion (“Eligible Entrants”). The following are ineligible to participate in the Promotion and/or to win a prize, even if they otherwise meet the definition of an Eligible Entrant: employees, officers, directors, agents, successors and assignees of Laredo Hospitality Management, LLC, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, its advertising agencies and any promotional companies or entities (including the printer of the Game Cards) involved in any way with the Promotion (all of the above italicized entities collectively referred to herein as “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, parent, child, sibling, or grandparent; whether biological adoptive, step or in-law) and those living in the same household (defined as those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence as the Eligible Entrant at any time during the Promotion Period) of such employees, officers, directors, agents, successors and assignees. Void elsewhere and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
*To become a loyalty program member, eligible participants must complete an official registration form, which includes providing his/her complete name, street address (including city and state), date of birth, phone number and email address (optional).
There is no fee to enter the Gaming Café, no fee to register for a loyalty club membership and no fee to obtain a Game Card or win a prize.
- PROMOTION DATES:
- Promotion Period: The Promotion will begin in all participating locations on or about Wednesday, December 1, 2016 and will end Saturday, December 24, 2016, or sooner if Game Card supplies are depleted in that Gaming Café before the scheduled end date (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion will only be available during the Gaming Café’s hours of operation, which vary by location. If Scratch Cards run out at a location, no new guests are eligible to participate at that Gaming Café location. If a location does not deplete it’s Scratch Cards, any instant win prizes that remain will be awarded in the Second Chance Drawing.
- Local Second Chance Drawing: Each Gaming Café’s Local Second Chance Drawing will take place at the Gaming Café at approximately 7:00 p.m. on December 26, 2016 (the “Local Second Chance Drawing Date”) from among all eligible Drawing Entries received at that Gaming Cafe, provided that there are any Local Instant Prizes in that Gaming Café’s Local Game that are unclaimed as of December 24th, 2016.
- Global Second Chance Drawing: The Global Second Chance Drawing will take place at the Stella’s Place Gaming Café in Villa Park at approximately 7:00 p.m. on December 30, 2016 (the “Global Second Chance Drawing Date”) from among all eligible Drawing Entries received at all Gaming Cafes, provided that there are any prizes in Global Instant Prizes that are unclaimed as of December 29th, 2016.
- Grand Prize Drawing: The Grand Prize Drawing will take place at approximately 7:30 p.m. at the Stella’s Place in Villa Park on Friday, December 30, 2016 (the “Grand Prize Drawing Date”) from among all eligible Drawing Entries received at all Gaming Cafes.
- PUNCH CARD: To participate in any portion of the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must first visit any one of the Gaming Cafes during the Promotion Period to receive a Punch Card. Limit one Punch Card per Eligible Entrant across all Gaming Cafes. Eligible Entrants who have received a Punch Card shall be referred to herein as “Players.” The Punch Card will have each date during the Promotion Period listed on it (“Game Dates”).
- GAME CARDS: Each Game Date during the Promotion Period that a Player visits a Gaming Café, the Player may request a Game Card. Limit one Game Card per Player per Game Date. Before a Game Card will be given to the Player, the Player must show his/her Punch Card and the Gaming Café employee will punch the Game Date off the Punch Card so that another Game Card cannot be claimed at that Gaming Café or any other Gaming Café for that Game Date. Game Cards cannot be claimed for a Game Date on any day other than the actual Game Date. If a Player does not claim a Game Card on any Game Date, he/she forfeits a Game Card for that Game Date.
Upon receipt of the Game Card, the Player must immediately play the Game Card by scratching off the gray covered space on the front of the Game Card in front of a Gaming Café employee.
- Local Instant Prize: If a Local Instant Prize (as indicated in Table 8.1 in Rule 8, below) is revealed, the Player must instantly turn in his/her Game Card to the Gaming Café employee and receive his/her Local Instant Prize immediately. Each Gaming Café will have twenty-five (25) Local Instant Prizes randomly dispersed across its Game Cards. Guests must accept and take home their Local Instant Prize that day. Local Instant Prizes that are left behind or unclaimed will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner in the Local Second Chance Drawing.
- Global Instant Prize: If a Global Instant Prize (as indicated in Table 8.2 in Rule 8, below) is revealed, the Player must immediately complete the information area on the back side of the Game Card with his/her name, email address and phone number and turn in the completed Game Card to the Gaming Café employee. There are a total of twenty (20) Global Instant Prizes that will be randomized across all 13,850 Game Cards printed and distributed at all Gaming Cafes. Player will be notified at the phone number and/or email address provided when the Global Instant Prize is available to be picked up at the Gaming Café where the Game Card was played, within approximately five (5) days, and must return to the Gaming Café to pick up their Global Instant Prize by December 29th, 2016, or the Global Instant Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner in the Global Second Chance Drawing.
- Matching Symbol Prize: If the Game Card reveals a symbol, the Player must compare the symbol to the symbol printed on the Promotion Symbol Calendar posted in the Gaming Café. If the symbol revealed on the Game Card on that Game Date matches that Game Date’s symbol as printed on the Promotion Symbol Calendar, the Player will win $5.00 in Free Play at that Gaming Café location. The Free Play must be used immediately, and the winning Player will pick the game of his/her choice and the Gaming Café employee will insert a $5 credit for the Player to play. All Game Cards that do not have a Local Instant Prize or a Global Instant Prize printed under the scratch space will have a symbol printed on them for the Symbol Matching Game.
- Entry: To enter the Local Second Chance Drawing (if any), the Global Second Chance Drawing (if any) and the Grand Prize Drawing (all three drawings collectively referred to herein as the “Drawings”), Players who have Game Cards that are not an Local Instant Prize winner, not a Global Instant Prize winner, and not a Matching Symbol Game Prize winner, must immediately complete the reverse side of the Game Card with his/her name, email address and phone number (the “Drawing Entry”). The Drawing Entry must be deposited in the Gaming Café’s entry receptacle. If a Player does not wish to enter the Drawings, the Player must forfeit the Game Card to the Gaming Café employee, who will void that Game Card. Players may not keep their Game Cards once they are played.
- Drawings and Winner Notification: For each of the Drawings, one (1) Drawing Entry will be selected at a time from among all eligible Drawing Entries received for that Drawing. The Drawing Entry must be fully completed to be eligible. Game Cards that are incomplete will be void. Winning Drawing Entries will be logged in the order in which they were drawn. Players associated with the winning Drawing Entries will be contacted via the contact information they provided on their Drawing Entry. Limit one prize per Player in the Local Second Chance Drawing. Limit one prize per Player in the Global Second Chance Drawing. The winning Drawing Entries in each Local Second Chance Drawing will not be included in the Global Second Chance Drawing (but if a winner of a Local Second Chance Drawing has another Drawing Entry, that Player can still win a prize in the Global Second Chance Drawing). All winning and non-winning Drawing Entries from all Local Second Chance Drawings and the Global Second Chance Drawings will be included in the Grand Prize Drawing.
- Claiming Drawing Prize:
- Local Second Chance Drawing: Winners in the Local Second Chance Drawing will have until the end of business hours on December 29, 2016 to claim their prize at the location they entered, or they will forfeit the prize.
- Global Second Chance Drawing: Winners in the Global Second Chance Drawing will have until the end of business hours on January 6, 2017 to claim their prize at the Gaming Café location of their choice (they can specify at time of notification), or they will forfeit the prize.
- Grand Prize Drawing: The Winner of the Grand Prize will have until the end of business hours on January 6, 2017 to claim his/her Grand Prize at the Gaming Cafe location of his/her choice (they can specify at time of notification), or he/she will forfeit the Grand Prize.
- PRIZES AND ODDS:
- LOCAL INSTANT WIN PRIZES (OR LOCAL SECOND CHANCE PRIZES IF UNCLAIMED AS AN INSTANT WIN PRIZE):
Table 8.1 Local Instant Prizes
Total ARV of the above Local Instant Win prizes per Gaming Café is $413.65 ($17,373.30across all participating locations). If a Local Instant Prize is unclaimed and rolls over to a Local Second Chance Drawing, the odds of winning the prize in the Local Second Chance Drawing depend on the number of eligible Drawing Entries received at the particular Gaming Café.
- GLOBAL INSTANT WIN PRIZES (OR GLOBAL SECOND CHANCE PRIZES IS UNCLAIMS AS AN INSTANT WIN PRIZE):
Table 8.2 Global Instant Prizes across all Gaming Café Locations
Total ARV of the above Global Instant Win prizes is $3,575.48 across all participating locations).
- MATCHING SYMBOL PRIZES:
Table 8.2 Matching Symbol Prizes per Gaming Café Location
Total ARV for Matching Symbol Prizes per Gaming Café ranges from $ $500.00 – $580.00, depending on whether the location has 300 Game Cards or 350 Game Cards ($21,780 across all Gaming Cafes combined).
- GRAND PRIZE: The prize in the Grand Prize Drawing (the “Grand Prize”) is an Apple* MacBook Pro. ARV: $1,227.34. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Drawing Entries received across all Gaming Cafes. The Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release before prize will be awarded.
*Apple is not a sponsor, does not endorse, and is in no way affiliated with this Promotion.
- Total maximum ARV of all Prizes Available to Be Awarded in this Promotion: $26,996.47 (but more likely total ARV given odds for Match & Win is $20,300.00). In no event will the value of prizes exceed $26,996.47.
- CONDITIONS: All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner, and winners of prizes of $600 or more will be requires to provide tax identification information before receiving prize and will be sent a 1099 for the calendar year in which the prize is awarded. Punch Cards are non-transferable and only the person to whom the Punch Card is issued can use it to receive a Game Card. Game Cards cannot be transferred and the person that claims any prize associated with a winning Game Card must be the person to whom the Game Card was issued. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution or cash redemptions for prizes except by the Sponsor, who may award a prize of equal or greater value if the featured prize becomes unavailable. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen Punch Cards or Game Cards. Only original Punch Cards and Game are allowed. If Punch Card or Game Card is damaged before play of such card, Player’s sole recourse and Sponsor’s only obligation is to replace such Punch Card or Game Card with a new card, if supplies remain available. No copies or reproductions allowed. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, damaged or ineligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to have an independent judging organization verify the validity of any winning Game Card. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible or misdirected Drawing Entries. In the event that Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner via the contact information provided on a Game Card, that potential winner will forfeit any claim to the prize and Sponsor shall have the option (but not the obligation) to award it to an alternate.
By participating, each Player agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Promotion; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, the Gaming Cafes, and any advertising or promotional agencies, entities or individuals working on this Promotion, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize; and (c) in the case of winners of any prize, the right to use such winner’s name, photograph, quote(s), and/or likeness for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, without limitation and without compensation other than the prize awarded, unless prohibited by law. By participating, Player also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Promotion without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withheld in its sole discretion.
All federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations apply. Any attempted entry or redemption that is not in compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion in its entirety, including forfeiture of any prizes, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By participating in the Promotion, Players agree to the terms set forth in these Official Rules and to all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. All expenses on receipt and use of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, winners agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Promotion Parties (as previously defined), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, contractors, and representatives (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, costs, expenses, damages, rights, claims, actions, and losses (collectively “Losses”) of any kind incurred in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation for or from (a) the acceptance, possession, use or mis-use of any prize, and/or (b) claims relating to rights of publicity, rights of privacy or defamation. The Released Parties are not responsible for (a) lost, late, incomplete, damaged, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, undelivered, or lost Entry Forms; and (b) errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion or awarding of prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER LEGAL/EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW (AND TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE PROMOTION, IF APPLICABLE).
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the entire Promotion, part of the Promotion, or to modify the Promotion for any reason, including without limitation if fraud destroys the integrity of the Promotion or any portion thereof, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at participating Gaming Cafes and/or online at www.stellas-place.com, and such notice shall be deemed sufficient.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, Players agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an action in state or federal court located in the State of Illinois; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will a Player be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of a participant in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to the conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the major prize winners (prizes valued over $25), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Laredo Hospitality Management, Attn: 2016 Anniversary Promotion Winners’ List, 2800 South River Road, Suite 110, Des Plaines, IL 60018 by December 31, 2016.
- SPONSOR: Laredo Hospitality Management, LLC, 2800 South River Road, Suite 110, Des Plaines, IL 60018.