“Spring Fling” Marketing Program by Laredo Hospitality and Gold Rush Gaming referencing Illinois Gaming Prize and Gifts Act-#815ILC525/25.
Enter to Win Radio Promotion and Enter to Win Patio Chair Set Grand Prize Plus Nominal Gifts
A copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of Laredo Hospitality. 2700 S. River Road, Des Plaines, IL 60018
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is offered and open only to attendees of Stella’s Place or Shelby’s during a Harley Spring Fling Radio Promotion event. Contestants must be at least (21) years of age and a legal U.S. resident and of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at time of participation. Contestants also must be located in Illinois at the time of the participation in the Promotion. Employees, officers, and directors of Laredo Hospitality and Gold Rush Gaming – (“Sponsor”), any participating promotional companies and prize providers, their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web suppliers and entities involved in the creation of promotion materials, and members of the immediate family, or persons living in the same household of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible. By participating, you agree to these official rules and to all decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion period begins on May 2, 2016 and ends on or near May 22, 2016.
- METHOD OF ENTRY
. Each week (13) final qualifiers will be selected via:
Call to Win – (10) On Air qualifier
Twitter- (1) Twitter qualifier
Ongoing Text Campaign Stella’s Place and Shelby’s (1) Text Qualifier per week
Qualifying Events – (4) Qualifying events; (8) Qualifiers selected at each
Customers will enter a Stella’s Place or Shelby’s during the Loop Rockin’ Bikes Spring Fling Promotion, across all locations, and may participate in the following way:
- Customers enter the location daily and may receive a text code to enter Rockin’ Bikes. Customers may also fill out a Spring Fling Entry for the Patio Chair Spring Fling set with an entry/registration form.
- After completing the Spring Fling entry form, the player will deposit it into the drawing container . Customers may enter Spring Fling Patio Promo every day with (1) entry per Stella’s Place and Shelby’s location per person, per day.
- Automatic entry for Rockin’ Bikes will occur as described in the Official Rules. (See Exhibit A)
The Promotion will begin on Monday, May 2nd, 2016 end on May 28th, 2016 at all Stella’s Place and Shelby’s locations. The (4) week promotion will award on the following schedule:
- Week 1-Harley Bike, (2) Harley Items , (2) Spring Fling Nominal Gifts <$25
- Week 2-Harley Key, (2) Harley Items, (2) Spring Fling Nominal Gifts <$25
- Week 3-Harley Bike, (2) Harley Items, (2) Spring Fling Nominal Gifts <$25
- Week 4-Harley Key, (2) Harley Items, (1) Patio Chair Set and Spring Fling Beach Towel, (2) Spring Fling Nominal Gifts <$25
- PRIZE/ODDS/LIMITS ON PRIZES AVAILABLE: (2) Grand Prize: $15,000. Limit two grand prize available. (52) Free play; (78) Patio and Towel Sets; (608 ) nominal prizes; and limited patio drawing entries not to exceed (26)per guest will be awarded in this contest. The odds of a contestant winning the top prize are: 1:13. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be given, bartered, sold or exchanged for another prize. All taxes on any prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winner, if any will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, and Liability Release, and where lawful a publicity release within (14) days of the date of the win. In the event the winner fails to timely return documents, or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these official rules, disqualification may result. No alternate winner will be selected. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, potential winner grants to Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee, and those acting pursuant to the direction of the Sponsor, the right to print, publish, broadcast and to use worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the winner’s name, photo, picture, or other likeness, voice and indicia of persona, and biographical information as news or information and for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional compensation or consideration and without notification review or approval.
- Each participant, releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, the prize provider, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person(s), including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in any Promotion related activity, or participation in this Promotion. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual from the Promotion that it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process, or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting, or be, in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or interfere in any manner with any aspect or portion of this Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, copied, or like entry methods, will void all such entries by any such methods, and will disqualify any participant using such methods.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
- Any attempted participation by means other than those permitted by these Rules, is void. Sponsor and any participating promotion agencies or prize providers will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries; or any technical error or failure, or unauthorized human intervention, or for the inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for contacting any participant if that participant has changed contact information and failed to provide Sponsor with the proper contact information when such information is required.
- Neither Sponsor nor any participating promotion agencies or prize providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, lost, late, damaged, misdirected entries, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause). If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, in whole or in part, and if possible, to select the Contestants from entries received prior to the action taken or as otherwise may be deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ANY PARTICIPATING PROMOTIONAL COMPANIES OR PRIZE PROVIDERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- MISCELLANEOUS: This Promotion is subject only to the laws of Illinois in the United States. Prizes will be awarded only to addresses within the United States. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Additionally, Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, participants in the Promotion agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Promotion or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in the State of Illinois, U.S.A. pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to conflicts of law doctrine.
- WINNERS LIST: A winner list, if any, may be requested in writing within (14) days of the promotion by sending a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to Laredo Hospitality, 2700 S. River Road, Des Plaines, IL 60018 ATT: Prize Winner Request List.
Exhibit A. Official Cumulus Media, Loop Rockin’ Bike Rules
97.9 The Loop’s “ROCKIN’ BIKES” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WLUP (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Media Holdings Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies, 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, 17th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct 97.9 The Loop’s “Rockin’ Bikes” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside within the station’s terrestrial listening area in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin & Michigan, and must not have won from station within last 30 days. One can only qualify for multiple motorcycles, but can only win one qualifying prize and cannot qualify again if they win the Rockin’ Bike. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s listening area, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 6:00am CST on Monday, May 2nd, 2016 and will run through TBD time on Saturday May 28th (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How the contest will operate: Each week for four weeks Station will give away a different motor as described below. Each week 13 qualifiers will be selected via call to win, Twitter, or at events. Qualifiers will win $100 in pre-paid gift card and $50 in Free Slot Play from Stella’s Place & Shelby’s. Each week all 13 qualifiers are required to be present at the final giveaway live broadcast where each will choose a key and only one key will start the motorcyle. The owner of the key that starts the motorcycle will win the motorcycle.
- How to Enter. You will automatically be entered into the Contest once you complete one of the following:
(i) On-Air Qualifiers:
- Ten (10) qualifiers will be chosen each week, (40 total) through “call to win” contests promoted on-air. (Subject to change) Listen to the Station weekdays at the times promoted at WLUP.com/bikes during the Contest Period. When the Station gives the secret word the 20th caller that gives the correct secret word becomes a qualifier. Time Delay between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call and secret word later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
(ii) Twitter Qualifiers:
- Each week one (1) additional qualifiers via Twitter “random retweet.” Listeners will be told to follow @979TheLoop and watch for a random Tweet with directions to Retweet it for a chance to win a qualifying key. Winner must be following @979TheLoop and be 21 years or older. Winner will be randomly selected and send a direct message on Twitter 30 minutes after the tweet. Follower has 1 hour to respond with contact information, otherwise station will pick a new qualifier.
(iii) Text Qualifiers:
- One (1) qualifier will be chosen from an ongoing text campaign for Stella’s Place and Shelby’s beginning Wednesday, May 4th, 2016 and will run through 12:00 PM CST Tuesday, May 24th, 2016. The text keyword will be available in Stella’s & Shelby’s locations via point of purchase signage. The text keyword promoted will change each week on Wednesdays, resulting in 3 separate keywords and 3 separate chances to enter and increase odds of winning. Station will contact one random texter as qualifier for week 4 on Wednesday, May 25th, 2016.
- Standard text messaging rates, as established by an individual’s wireless carrier, may apply, and Station assumes no responsibility for any fees or charges incurred for and associated with any text message sent to or from Station. Any and all fees arising out of the transmission of a text message shall be the sole responsibility of the entrant. Limit one (1) entry per person, per keyword, per phone number. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same telephone number. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different telephone phone numbers, identities, or any other methods will void that participant from further participation in the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential qualifier may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Qualifier Selection. At the end of each contest campaign Station will select one (1) entry to be a qualifier in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station during the Contest Period. The qualifier will be contacted via the cell phone number used with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential qualifier are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within one (1) hour of notification will result in disqualification.
- Eight (8) (Subject to change) Qualifiers will be chosen at Qualifying events throughout the promotion. To qualify, attend a qualifying event conducted by that Station and complete an entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received by the designated time at each event as noted on WLUP.com. Winner will be chosen by random drawing. Must be present to win.
- At each of the four final qualifying events (one per week) station will conduct a live broadcast and award one qualifier one of four (4) Grand Prizes (motorcycles detailed below). Winner will be chosen via a double random process where all 13 qualifiers will be lined up in alphabetical order and they will chose a number out of a box 1-13. They will then line up in that new order based on the number they picked. They will then pick a numbered key out of a box. Winners will then line up in the new order based on their key numbers and try their key on the motorcycle. The key that starts the motorcycle wins the motorcycle.
- Awarding the Grand Prizes: All 13 qualifiers must be present at their week’s qualifying event and check in at Loop Promotions table by the time given when their qualifying prize is confirmed (times subject to change). If any of the 12 prior won qualifiers are not present they will considered a non-qualifier, forfeiting their qualifying prize and right to participate in grand prize giveaway. WLUP will randomly select additional qualifiers from the entries at the final event to fill any empty slots to ensure 13 qualifiers at the time of giveaway.
- Verification of Potential Winner. POTENTIAL CONTEST QUALIFIERS AND WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign at the final giveaway event before the grand prize is awarded to claim their qualifying prize. A separate release will be given to the grand prize winner, who much return to Station, within three (3) days of the date of giveaway event, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the Contest Prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Fifty two (52) qualifying prizes will be awarded in this contest. The Qualifying Prize is $100 in pre-paid gift cards and $50 Free Slot Play from Stella’s & Shelby’s.
Four (4) Grand Prizes will be awarded in this Contest. Each Grand Prize has an estimated value of $15,000.
Winner is responsible for all taxes & title fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
There is no cash alternative to this prizing.
All vehicles are new and will be awarded in as-is condition.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Station’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Station, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained after Tuesday, May 31st, 2016 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Contest Sponsor identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: CUMULUS MEDIA HOLDINGS, INC., 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, 17th Floor, Chicago, IL
Table 2.1 Prize Reward Schedule